Saturday, September 30, 2006

Priyanka Chopra cries foul!

Actor Priyanka Chopra is upset with reports claiming that she had been confiding in close friends about her having to share the limelight with hotties, Ishaa Koppikar and Kareena Kapoor in Farhan Akhtar’s ‘Don’.
Incidentally, both Ishaa and Kareena have been appreciated in the tracks ‘Main hoon Don’ and ‘Yeh mera dil’ respectively, the promos of which are on air. Reportedly, Priyanka was also said to be upset about sharing poster space with her female co-actors and their hi-profile presence in the film’s publicity.
Priyanka defends herself by clarifying, “The rumour is absolutely baseless and silly. I’ve been out of town for nearly three months, shuttling between countries and living out of a suitcases. Do I look insecure?”
She adds, “ I’m so proud to be a part of ‘Don’. It was a great opportunity to work with such a fantastic bunch of professionals—Shah Rukh (Khan), Ritesh (Sidhwani) and Farhan (Akhtar). I hope to work with them again. The film is among the highlights of my career.”
When asked about having to share the limelight with Kareena and Ishaa, she shoots back, “I’ve worked with Kareena before. She’s wonderful and adds to the star value of a set-up. Even Ishaa is very good in the film. I really wish people would stop creating fire when there’s none!”

No comments: